Young Eagles is a program offered by the EAA to introduce young people to aviation. What better way to discover the joys of flying than to actually go for a free ride in a plane!!
What will your flight be like? After you complete the registration form and your parent/guardian signs it, your pilot will explain what will happen during the flight. This might include talking about the airplane, completing a careful preflight inspection of the airplane and identifying the parts that control the airplane and how they work.
Once you are ready to go flying, your pilot will help you buckle your seatbelt and describe the interior of the airplane, including the instrument panel. Then its time to go flying!!
Young Eagles flights usually last about 15 minutes. Before, during and after the flight, there will be time to ask any questions you may have about the flight and the airplane.
After the flight, your pilot will present you with a Young Eagles logbook, where you can keep track of all the flights you go on (yes, you can come back as many times as you like).
In addition to the flight, you will receive:
1) Free student membership to the EAA, including e-newsletters and electronic copies of EAA Sport Aviation magazine,
2) Free membership in the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).
3) FREE access to Sporty's Complete Flight Training Course, a ground school to prep you for flight training ($215 value).
4) After completing the Sporty's course will earn you a FREE first flight lesson
5) Access for the many EAA-sponsored scholarships you can use for flight training or your college education.
Our chapter holds Young Eagles Rally events in conjunction with our monthly Chapter Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfasts from May thru October each year. We can also arrange a rally just for your youth group or organization. Check the "Our Events" page for upcoming dates.
For all things Young Eagles, check out the National Young Eagles website at http://www.youngeagles.org/.
2017 Young Eagle Rally Schedule
May 14th (Mother's Day!) - Young Eagles Flown - TBD
June 11th - Young Eagles Flown - TBD
July 9th - Young Eagles Flown - TBD
August 13th - Young Eagles Flown - TBD
September 10th - Young Eagles Flown - TBD
October 8th Young Eagles Flown - TBD
Rides given 8:00 - 12:00 noon (weather permitting)
Location: EAA 1414 at Poplar Grove Airport IL (C77), 5151 Orth Road